Walking through the legendary streets of London with a view of the most stunning historical sites is a dream come true for many. If you’re interested in exploring the depths of history embedded in the cobbled-stone pathways of any civilization, tour it with reverence. But how can one go about historical tourism while the pandemic has not ended yet? We’ve taken care of that aspect and will walk you through five tips that can help you have a stellar vacation.
1. Try out a free walking tour: If you’re on a budget and want to make the most of your love for London’s history, take up one of the walking tours in the area! They’re free and conducted by volunteers who share your love for all things historical. To find a tour that covers your favorite locations, simply look it up over the internet. You will find plenty of organizations conducting batch tours for absolutely free. However, if you have a lot of money to spare you can get a guided paid tour to the elite observatory and exclusive exhibits.
2. Book your museum trips in advance: Museums passes and tours have mostly made changes this year due to pandemic restrictions. To ensure you’re guaranteed an entry check the ticketing system and book online passes well in advance. On the other hand, there are several guided tours that get sold out very quickly, so ensure that you get your bookings sorted on a date and time of your preference.
3. Don’t waste money on expensive stays: Splurging on luxurious stays makes sense when you’re going to stay in for the majority of your stay. However, if you’re going around on a historical tour, just book a luggage storage London facility so that you don’t waste your first and last day in the city. These facilities are completely safe and will help you invest your money in a better experience rather than an unused room.
4. Make sure to read about these sites: To appreciate a historical site, it helps when you already know the basics of it. Doing your homework with some light reading will help you become a connoisseur of architectural marvels and artwork. This will also help you understand better which places to put at the top of your list of tours.
5. Club locations together: There are several tours you can do in a day including places you personally want to visit. Simply zero down on an area for the day and decide how to visit all the best historical attractions for the given day. This helps you cover a region without having to revisit and move on to another area of the city.
No matter what kind of tourism you embark on, they all have to be planned strategically If you smartly use all of these tips to create the perfect itinerary, we’re sure that you’ll have a very exciting and insightful trip. Always check up on the pandemic updates until we’re in the clear. We wish you safe travels and a lot of fun!